Suppose you have a garden hose that is 50 meters long, but you need to cover the area which needs 70 meters garden hose. What will you do then? A novice gardener can take the decision of buying a new 70 meters long garden hose, but I advise not to spend money on that hose.
I think you are thinking about the solution to such kind of this problem.
Well, the experienced and wise gardeners buy another garden hose equal to the shorter length, and then they connect two hoses. Somebody tells joining garden hoses is pretty easy, but the problem arises when the water leaks from the connection. That is why it needs to know how to connect two garden hoses properly and in the proper way.
Table of Contents
The Tools and Supplied You Will Need
Before getting started to connect two garden hoses, you should gather some essential tools and supplies. You might need all the tools as compulsorily, but it is always best to have all of them. So, manage the following items before starting the process.
- A hose connector.
- Two hoses.
- Measuring tape.
- Adjustable wrench.
The Process to Connect Two Garden Hoses
According to the type of the connector and the presented option on the hose, the connecting procedure may differ. But if you know the basic mechanism, you can connect two garden hoses, either those have connectors at the end or not. However, the processes are presented below.
Process 1: Installing the Hose Connectors
Most of the time, all garden hoses come with a connector that has a male and female connector. If you don’t cut the threaded connector, the process is easy for you. But if you removed the connector, then you need to set up a new connector at the end. Follow the procedure to install a connector.
- Cut an end of the hose with a knife.
- Now install the connector at the end of the hose. Force the barbed rod until the connector flushes with the end of the hose.
- Fix the connector at the end of the hose with a crimp ring. Now join two hoses and tighten the screw provided with the crimp ring to fix the connector securely.
- Ensure you have tightened the screw, and the connection is leaf-proof.
Process 2: Use Push-In Connectors
The first option is the old option, and the process was used most in the past. But, nowadays, the better option is push-in connectors.
It is the process that offers to connect two different hoses quickly and in the easiest way. Just buy a pair of quick-connect adapters. It contains one male connector and one female connector.
Just install the male and female connectors at the end of the different hoses. The task is almost done if you have installed the connectors at the end of the hoses. Then just insert the male connectors into the female connector and push it to stable the connection. The connection is made.
Things to Keep in Mind While Connecting Two Hoses
You can see the process of connecting two hoses is not so difficult. You can connect two hoses even in a while if you just have the tools and necessary things. But before going to connect two garden hoses, you should keep the following things in mind.
- Different types of materials are used for constructing the garden hose adapters. The quality depends on the material, definitely. A brass garden hose adapter can give better performance than any other material.
- If you connect different diameter hoses, you should know some essential things. If the water output end hose is narrower than the water source end, the water pressure rises and vice-versa.
- Don’t store the hose where the sunlight falls directly as it may causes cracking and breaks of the hose.
It is the process which is very easy and also doesn’t require many times. If you have all the tools in hand, it is just a matter of a minute. But the important is the quality of the fittings. If you use quality fittings, you will get a good result. But don’t expect better performance from the plastic fittings. So, just use the right and quality fittings and do connect the hoses as guided here. You will definitely get a good result.